- A tremendous amount of snow has melted.
- Trail's snow-spine was hard as concrete.
- Conditions allowed for faster travel than in summer.
- I wore Trail Crampons, Mike wore snowshoes, Rev went barefoot.
- Post-holes were evident but diminished by the recent thaw.
- Dogs, although loyal, prefer to always be ahead of you.
- Large swaths of the auto road are no longer covered in snow.
- The snow cover has deteriorated on the lower portion of the trail up Marble Mountain.
- Met only two hikers (on Whiteface).
- Mike led up. I led down. Rev allowed us to think we were leading.
Personal Trainer Rev's Suggested Milestones
(Concessions made for humans, like rest-stops, and only two legs)
07:45 AM, ASRC.
09:30 AM, Esther. 09:35 AM, Depart Esther.
10:30 AM, Auto road. 10:35 AM, Depart along auto road.
11:05 AM, Whiteface. 11:45 AM, Depart Whiteface.
01:00 PM, ASRC.
Next time Mike and I go for a hike, I'll ask that he put ankle-weights on Rev!
|Where sky, trail, and road meet.|
|Castle in the sky.|