- Path was broken and firmly packed yet dusted with enough fresh snow to allow for boot/butt-sliding. We µspiked the entire route.
- The soles of my feet were numb for 90 minutes. Definitely something wrong with my electrical system.
- Pete Hickey will be pleased to hear that winter hikers have chosen to cross Calamity Pond rather than skirt it via the summer route.
- Crossing Flowed Lands is far more scenic than the summer route (and much faster).
- Lots of deep, unconsolidated snow off-trail. I'll borrow a term I learned: Snow up to your Adam's Apples.
- We 'highlighted' the route; lots of samples for urinalysis.
- I got ski-envy watching Neil zip effortlessly down the slope. More gear to explore.
- Sunshine greeted us upon our return to Upper Works. Better late than never.
|Beach-combing on Marshall.|