Highlights of the sunny but cold day:
- Meeting a spry 71 year-old with double knee replacements who was completely at ease in the cold weather wearing jeans, sweatshirt and cotton work gloves.
- Unknowingly shadowing "rbalbs".
- While descending Redfield, hearing then seeing large flocks of snowgeese overhead.
- Twilight at Lake Colden.
- Hiking through Avalanche Pass under a canopy of stars.
- Hike stats: 20.5 miles, 4900 feet.
- Hike time: ~11.5 hours.
- Itinerary: Loj to Marshall (7.6 mi; 2805 ft; 4h 15m), Marshall to Redfield (4.6 mi; 2000 ft; 3h 5m), Redfield to Loj (8.4 mi; 725 ft; 4h 15m).
|Early morning at Marcy Dam.|
|Redfield's southern panorama.|
|Twilight at Lake Colden.|