- Big thanks to Sylvie and friend for giving me a ride to the Zander Scott trail-head.
- Trail was hard-packed to Giant and soft-packed trail to RPR.
- Not much of a day for views.
- Met many ADK HP forum members along the way (Hello again!)
- Burnt through a handful of dates a little too fast and had a minor bonk while returning from Giant (mitigated with Skittles).
- Calorie deficit was (more than) replenished at the ADK HP's Winter Gathering.
- **Excellent conditions** for glissading allowed for a speedy descent (~42m). Passed someone who quipped "You look like you're having too much fun!"
- 12th visit to Giant but still 3 short of "Giant Mtn. Grid" completion.
- Personal best time for the two peaks (4h).
- While waiting for coffee & friend, I watched the many ice climbers practicing nearby and climbing high above the valley.
|Climbers on Round Mountain.|
|Climbers on Chapel Pond Slab.|